Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Sleepiest Creature on Earth...is not me???

Just when I thought that no other being in this world could top me for being the sleepiest, I came upon a site stating that the sleepiest animal in the world is the koala bear, sleeping for about 22 hours a day. I remembered sleeping for more than half a day when I was still living back in my hometown, but couldn't recall the exact duration so I can't tell if how well did I do.

Here are some of the runner-ups as quoted from Neatorama.com:

"Next is the sloth (20 hours), armadillo and opossum (tied at 19 hours each), lemur (16 hours), then hamster and squirrel (tied at 14 hours each).

How about cats? Though some cats can sleep up to 20 hours a day, the average cat sleeps 13 hours a day. In comparison to koalas, cats are downright energetic!"



If cats are downright energetic, well I am the least energetic of all cats... The most lethargic one. Hmm... Maybe I'm a koala. Or an armadillo. No, wait. What the hell am I?